Trailer to pull my Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trailer to pull my Argo

Trailer to pull my Argo

I am in the throes of buying a trailer for my Avenger. Any tips on what type / size works well? I need it to be wide enough to accommodate the Argo with 18” rubber tracks in winter. I am focussing on aluminum utility trailers that are at least 76” to 80” wide and 10’ long, but would a flat snowmobile trailer work? Should it be longer? Wider? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hey bob ... you can't beat a nice aluminum trailer . they cost more , but don't rust or need painting . a nice flatbed one with some not too high rails down each side for tie downs. wide enough so there is some good space between the tracks and rails , although rails are not a necessity . have fun in the snow . johnboy va.

avenger bob,i had one custom built for me at miska trailers in hamilton.they just modidified the size of there landscape trailer and it works great.my HDI fits in perfect with rubber tracks.it has side rails and a rear gate plus a tool box and spare tire carrier.but it is not aluminum,i store it inside and it still looks great 10 years later.

Tractor supply.

If you are running a windshield and or cab may want to look at a cargo trailer.
    The tops are not rated to haul on an open trailer.

I did a 7.5'x14' and it fits great with a bit of extra room. Only about 2" on either side of tracks but length is perfect.
    Also nice if you live in a slushy winter area...

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    avenger bob,i had one custom built for me at miska trailers in hamilton.they just modidified the size of there landscape trailer and it works great.my HDI fits in perfect with rubber tracks.it has side rails and a rear gate plus a tool box and spare tire carrier.but it is not aluminum,i store it inside and it still looks great 10 years later.
    Good idea Plott Hound, What is the inside size of your trailer? Are you happy with that size?

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hey bob ... you can't beat a nice aluminum trailer . they cost more , but don't rust or need painting . a nice flatbed one with some not too high rails down each side for tie downs. wide enough so there is some good space between the tracks and rails , although rails are not a necessity . have fun in the snow . johnboy va.
    Thanks John, I am sold on aluminum too. Mine will sit outside year round.

Quote Originally Posted by AcezHi View Post
    If you are running a windshield and or cab may want to look at a cargo trailer.
    The tops are not rated to haul on an open trailer.

I did a 7.5'x14' and it fits great with a bit of extra room. Only about 2" on either side of tracks but length is perfect.
    Also nice if you live in a slushy winter area...
    Also good for storing the Argo if you do not have a garage.

Trailer for Argo

That is what I do with mine. It is also the garage for it.
    I did do an aluminum one with extra height as well as the roof wont fit the standard height trailer.
    That helps with long hauling.
    I used the trailer as a camp while recently moose hunting also, so us it for as much as I can to make it worth the cost.
    Last edited by AcezHi; 12-02-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks for your suggestions. Here is what I bought, an 80” x12’ aluminum utility trailer.
    Last edited by Avenger Bob; 12-22-2021 at 05:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread