Can't find parts for my old Kohler 2 stroke. Any help?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't find parts for my old Kohler 2 stroke. Any help?

Hybrid View

Can't find parts for my old Kohler 2 stroke. Any help?

I just got a 70's argo, with the 400cc Kohler two stroke. It has intermitent spark one cylinder, its not the secondary coil or the plug or wire, I have narrowed it down to points or condenser, I'm leaning towards condenser. I have tried like 5 different small engine repair shops and argo dealers and what not, and nobody can seem to find condensers for it. Anybody know where I could find them? Model number is K399-2T. the number on the bottom of the ignition plate is 1217032 113, and the number on the condensers is GERMANY 1 237 330 037 915. Thanks. -Sam

You should be able to find them here. They'll be aftermarket stuff that's not as good as Bosch, but about the only thing that's available lately. Good luck. Electrical Parts
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Also if you can find a snowmobile model that used the same engine you can use that model type to search for parts.

I've had good luck with these sites:

Snowmobile Parts, ATV Parts, Go Kart Parts, Mini Bike Part, Lawn Mower Parts, Chainsaw Part and Small Engine Parts

Small Engine Parts, Lawn Mower Parts, Marine Parts, ATV Parts, Dirt Bike Parts, Snowmobile Parts and More.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Found them

Thanks guys, I think I found what I need, I just ordered them.

I'm having trouble finding carb parts now, I'm looking for a rebuild kit. I have a Tillotson HP42A carb. That site has parts listed for Tillotson HD and HL models, but I can't find HP anywhere. Any help?

Hey i have the same engine but 399-2s. And it has sparatic spark too how hard is it to change and find new condensors my points look good?

Hey does the coil that come up in the lonk the ones ill need for a k-399s? I need a couple new ones just wondering if theres a specific coil or if any with the same plugs on it would work?

+ Reply to Thread