Rockwell 399cc Wiring issues (Please help)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rockwell 399cc Wiring issues (Please help)

Rockwell 399cc Wiring issues (Please help)

Hi, I am new to 6x6 world. I am trying to rescue a 1972 st/400 superchief. The rockwell 399 cc engine was rebuilt and the ignition was replaced about 2years ago. It hasn't ran since. I finished wiring it up and attempted starting it today. Couldn't get it to fire. The engine turns over good and it's getting fuel. I checked the spark and it has no spark from either coil. I checked all the grounds and they are good. I found that the blue wire coming from the ignition going to the + side of the coils is not hot. My first question is should that wire have power? The ignition terminal that the blue (+) coil wire is connected on has no power going to it. There is an open one next to it that is hot. I tried connecting the blue wire to it and the wire was hot as far as the splice where the wires going into the block met the coil wires. I have a photo to help explain. What is this piece and should it have power all the way to the coil? Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hope you can help.

Well as for being in the same boat last month i think i can help.first un plug the wire plug from the engine.try starting it if it does than their is a wiring problem ,if not pull the pull starter and then the flywheel.chECK and sand the contacts with a small file or a small piece of sand paper.reasemple and try.this is what i did and it started ,....good luck

shouldn't the blue wire going to the coils have power coming from the ignition?

no, these engines don't need any power from the battery to run. unplug the harness from the machine to the engine, and see if you have spark that way.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread