What plugs and oil weight in a Conquest?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What plugs and oil weight in a Conquest?

What plugs and oil weight in a Conquest?

After going through the fuel system on my "new" Conquest, I pulled the plugs and found the front one to be black around the base ring and the tip was a ashy mocha colored, which is a good color, but it was over the black. The rear plug closet to the dash was what I would call almost oil fouled (black tarry). This machine was all gummed up from sitting so long that I would not want to take a good read on the plugs yet. I will throw some new ones in tomorrow.

What plugs are you guys using? The NGK BPR4ES it calls for or have you guys found something better.

What oil weight? I put in some synthetic 5w-30, but I am only going to use it in the winter. Is this still too thin?

I use the BPR4ES plugs, most guys that I know of do as well.
    As for engine oil, I use 10W30 in the summer, 5W30 in the winter.
    Trans, I use 80/90 synthetic with limited slip additive, and some very expensive stuff ($90/L) added to help reduce "gear whine" (doesn't do a damn thing, as far as I can tell)

RD

Thanks again Rock Doc.

Do you gap your plugs or just throw them in out of the box. If so what gap?

.030" - .035" gap, if I remember correctly, but usually just use my highly calibrated Thumb Nail to check them, lol.

RD

you probably know this - but check the lengths are the same before you put them in...

RD

I like how you have all this highly techincal tools at your "fingertips" at all times....can come in "handy" at times....lol

try some lucas oil in the trans. seems to help quite a bit with the whine these machines are notorious for. only problem is its thick and seems to rob a little power.

+ Reply to Thread