16HP Max II Upgrade Choices?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16HP Max II Upgrade Choices?

16HP Max II Upgrade Choices?

I have a 2005 Max II I bought recently. The engine has some fire damage, it runs but a few electrical parts are crispy and it won't idle! I have been reading on here about upgrading engines, but not sure I'm clear. So here goes what I think I know.
    1. I can upgrade to the 23HP Vanguard but the wiring harness for the 16HP is different. I will need to add a power line to the carb? It will drop in and use the same clutch.
    2. I can upgrade to the Bandolero engine and its drop in, no wiring changes or additions, same clutch/spring?
    Thanks for the help.

Hi,
    The engine mounting, throttle control, clutch and wiring harness are the same. most newer vanguards did have a 12v powered fuel shutoff solenoid that would need to be wired in. simple swap, Bandolero included.

upgrade choices

Bite the bullet, spend a little more and get a Kohler fuel injected 28hp. It will be the envy of all.

I run the stock clutch setup with my bandolero and haven't had any issues.

That 28hp Kohler fuel injected engine is a bit hard to come bye with a 1" shaft around these parts anyways

Mike, did you use the standard clutch spring or the red? Did you upgrade any other parts?

Bandolero Throttle Cable

I couldn't understand how to hook up the throttle cable to interface with the Bandolero carburetor from a 16HP Vanguard with governor. So I called 600 Racing and they have a custom cable made for the bandolero. Here's the picture. FYI

IMG_0246.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dragon864 View Post
    I couldn't understand how to hook up the throttle cable to interface with the Bandolero carburetor from a 16HP Vanguard with governor. So I called 600 Racing and they have a custom cable made for the bandolero. Here's the picture. FYI

Attachment 12117
    Nice, bout how long is it?

I'm not sure yet. I ordered one from the parts guy and he wasn't sure. I believe they drop ship from the manufacturer in California. I will post pictures,info,etc when I get it. Hopefully it will be long enough. I think they use the cable in the Legend cars mostly.

Guy at 600 Racing says its 7' long

+ Reply to Thread