Value of engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Value of engine

Value of engine

Have a chance to pick up a spare 16 tecumseh engine with out clutches. Guy says that it runs great. Just wondering what a decent asking price would be for this engine considering I can pick uo a duromax for a couple bills.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

I've bought a few for anywhere between $75-150. The carbs are junk, but the tractor pull guys love them.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

All depends what the goal is, any running engine will do the job if your lookin' to fip machines but if your doin' somethin' to keep then two cylinder's of some kind is the only way to go

they run for the same price here

I have an 89 6x6 with a 16 tecumseh engine right now. Was thinking about picking up this as a spare. I have another clutch from another tecumseh engine. Was wondering if it was worth buying another old engine or buy a new clone engine like the duromax or powerfist that princess auto sells here local. The guy is asking $250 for the engine.

Ya or Na is the question..
    —Will Rogers

I would pass and just save up for a Briggs. Sometimes you can find them on eBay really cheap.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I would pass and just save up for a Briggs. Sometimes you can find them on eBay really cheap.
    Thanks for your input Drew....I was thinking that is a lot for an old 16 tecumseh engine.
    —Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfox View Post
    Thanks for your input Drew....I was thinking that is a lot for an old 16 tecumseh engine.
    It seems like the Tecumseh HH and OH series engines are worth more in parts on ebay than they are complete.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Yep, I buy em' for 40 er' 50 bucks and sell just the coils for a 140 and scrap the rest.

+ Reply to Thread