31 hp kohler EFI a little hard to start in the heat

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 31 hp kohler EFI a little hard to start in the heat

31 hp kohler EFI a little hard to start in the heat

this kohler in my 750 HDI starts great in the extreme cold and also when its just a little cool.however if I leave it sitting in the sun for a day,its a little hard to start.feels like its getting to much fuel.when it does start it farts and chugs for 10 seconds or so then smooths right out.just wondering if anyone else has this trouble.

cheers

Cant say that I have had that issue Plott,did have my EFI Avenger every once and a while fart and miss a bit and cough up a hair ball changed out the filter and ran Sea Foam tru it and couple tanks of high test and seems good now,only other issue was a bad fuel pump relay but then it failed to start.

gonna leave it out in the sun all day tomorrow and see if it does it.really weird for sure.

I've not come across that one Plott, but look on the bright side..... At least you have some sun there. I'm darn near drowning here, and I live on a hill, lol.

RD

what was the cause?and please don't say "rain falling from the sky".

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    I've not come across that one Plott, but look on the bright side..... At least you have some sun there. I'm darn near drowning here, and I live on a hill, lol.

RD

Hello,

I have a 2009 Avenger 750EFI that won't start.....curious about the bad fuel pump relay you mention....where is that located???

Thanks, Rick

does your fuel pump run when you turn the key on?

I will check tonight....I assume that I will be able to hear it???? or I could disconnect a fuel line somewhere to see if she pumps????

Quote Originally Posted by Rickb View Post
    I will check tonight....I assume that I will be able to hear it???? or I could disconnect a fuel line somewhere to see if she pumps????
    On my year of machine the pump is located behind and under the drivers seat,so you should be able to hear it or feel it,it will cycle at first when the key is turned ans shut down till the engine starts then it runs as long as the machine does.Check for spark if you find that the pump is not running the reason I say that is the ECU or brain of the engine controls all functions if there is a issue with it no system will function other than the starter,it controls fuel and ignition.Cheers

Thanks NC.....it looks like my fuel pump on the 750EFI is dead....it makes noise but does not pump???...even with straight hose to the tank.

I have ordered a new fuel pump and it should arrive on Monday.

...what puzzles me the most is that the fuel pump stopped working as soon as I replaced the inline low pressure fuel filter that is located between the pump and the tank.

The filter looked nasty...may be even had been the original???

ARGO now has a design bulletin out that says to remove the inline low pressure fuel filter and replace the fuel pick-up hose with a newer version with a fine mesh over the pick-up.

So I was wondering if perhaps the filter killed the pump.......starvation perhaps???

I would really like to figure this out.......in fact, I would prefer to keep the inline "low pressure filter" as another line of defense from today's crappy gasoline, however I do not want to have one if there is a risk that it will harm my new pump....it cost big $$$$ and don't want to stranded in the bush with a pooched pump.

Any input on this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Rick

+ Reply to Thread