Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

Here is how to upload photos to the forum: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html You can also do like riotwarrior mentioned.

As do I. Have photo bucket. Have to see if I can remember the password now. Waiting for guy to show up for the reefer. Getting excited like a kid in a candy store!!!

Picked up the reefer. Started inspecting. Didnt get too far. Made of mostly aluminum and copper, so should be able to get good scrap value. Slight disappointment, yanmar seems to be stuck... The guy I got it from said if I had any problems to bring it back and he'll give me another one. Hope he stands good for it. I tried a wrench on the crank, but no dice. I dont think it has that much compression.

Going at lunch today to change out reefer. Hopefully the other one he has is better.

Anyway, some eye candy.

After I got it home:

Current reefer:

Nice...very nice. That should make that machine a monster, too bad yer not closer we could go do some wheeling once we get our units up n running ROFL.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Got another reefer at lunch today. Half the hours, and a newer unit! Same engine. Will spend some time tonight and tomorrow tearing into it. I'm sure there will be a few more pics.

making me jealous you are....but that's ok, I know how much work you have ahead of you buwa ha ha ha ha...good luck can't wait see some serious fab work
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Some new eye candy tonight! Spent the evening in the shop at work. Makes life easy because we have a crane. Got the engine out. Cleaned up all the bracketry. Will have to make all my own engine mounts. Will save the rubber iso's and reuse. They're pretty beefy. Though I can get new ones cheap through work, she who must be obeyed mentioned not spending too much on toys. I need to sell a few bikes first.....

Anyway, moving on. All the ideas are starting to turn in the old noggin. Won't bother boring you all with them right now. So, here's some pics. Get a load of that oil pan!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy_Magnum View Post
    So, here's some pics. Get a load of that oil pan!!!!!

Cool engine Rudy. I have the same engine out of a ThermoKing that I'm still unsure what to use in. I also picked up a Kubota V1505 out of a Carrier Transicold that I'm using in a Newt the Bold. It's about a 250lb engine, and I think most of that is in the pan. I was originally planning on swapping out a smaller pan, but this way I can change the oil once every 10 years.

Wholy Schmolly that's a pan alright...wowzers!

Looks like quite a beast to me should be plenty of torque to make yer argo move right along.

Whats the top governed RPM available to you that you know of?

Any plans on a turbo, say RHB 31 Mitsu? ROFL...nothing like excess right?
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread