Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

Very Cool build. Any idea of the weight when finished? just wondering..
    1998 Argo Conquest
    1999 Jeep Wrangler on 35s

I'd say that it should be close to 1300-1400 lbs. Original machine is about 1000, I think.

I'd have guessed more. Do you have a pic of the grease manifold you're running all your lines too? I've got my conquest tire completely down and now would be the time for me to put in a central lube system.
    1998 Argo Conquest

I am likely going to just run individual lines and have a nipple for each line. Will be mounted on a flat piece of steel or something. I'm not that far along in pitting it all back together yet. Will likely be another few months until I'm to that point.

Gotcha!
    1998 Argo Conquest

Replaced the floor sheet metal last night. Old stuff was pretty banged up, and back half was pretty rotten. New sheet is 11ga. A little heavier, but it was free! Was a real pain grinding all the old welds.

Sorry for being MIA for the last little while. Moved shop at work, moved to a new house, and busy at work. That, and there's a few projects to get done before the snow flies (which sounds to be sooner rather than later).

All the Argo stuff I had at the shop is now at home, stuffed in the garage. While I haven't done too much lately, the machine shop did make my parts for attaching the clutch to the Yanmar. Feast your eyes!

Decided that a taper shaft is easiest, as cutting a keyway in the clutch was gonna be a real pain, and expensive. They modified the clutch for me and got rid of the goofy extension on the end. Haven't got the bill yet, but hoping it won't be too much.....

Nice, No half ***ed deal there

Thats real fine looking pan and that clutch adapter is MOFO gooder...LOL

Looks like yer in for one terrific machine man...
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

The machine shop I used has a tendency for over building. It was machined from one piece, not a shaft welded into a plate. While I'm not planning to be 4 hours out into the wilderness, I don't want breakdowns anywhere. Might as well spend a bit more up front, so I can have many years of fun with it.

+ Reply to Thread