Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

Just a quick update...

I've moved all the Argo stuff from one side of the garage to the other. That's about it. Too many projects with a higher priority right now. That, and Christmas parties take up valuable time. Building a king size bed right now, welded together a bunch of 2" tubing. This thing is built better than most trailers. I'm pretty sure it would support the Argo without any worries. No building like overbuilding!

Anyway, hope to be back on Argo in the new year. I do still try to keep up with what you guys are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy_Magnum View Post
    Just a quick update...

I've moved all the Argo stuff from one side of the garage to the other. That's about it. Too many projects with a higher priority right now. That, and Christmas parties take up valuable time. Building a king size bed right now, welded together a bunch of 2" tubing. This thing is built better than most trailers. I'm pretty sure it would support the Argo without any worries. No building like overbuilding!

Anyway, hope to be back on Argo in the new year. I do still try to keep up with what you guys are up to.
    Hope all is well...whats latest scoop?
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

All is well. Still busy busy. Life gets in the way of play too often. Unfortunately the Argo has taken a spot on the back burner. I do have my empty half of the garage back, so the spot for Argo rebuilding is ready. King size beds are huge!! Dealing with a few more things now. Grandparents in the hospital, looking after the in-laws place while they're on holidays, and selling our old house. Along with all the stuff the wife plans, doesn't leave much time for the fun stuff. Hopefully soon. I'd love to be out romping in the snow on 8 wheels spinning. For now, I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys.

curious....anything new?
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

It hurts to walk by the stack of parts every day. Its been a cold winter, and our new place only has a 1 1/2 car garage, which I keep the tractor and blower in the one half, and the machinery any motorcycle in the other half. Spring is on its way. Pretty much have sold my old house, that's the shop fund. A nice 40' x 50' in floor heated shop is on the way this summer. Lift and all. Takes time, and work and life keep getting in the way.

I do expect though that I will be getting on the Argo once the consistent nice weather gets here. It needs to be mobile for June. I got a second set of axle and tranny seals for free yesterday. The supplier double shipped to us at work, then never came to get the duplicate. Sat around on shippers desk for 5 months, and he was sick of looking at them. Score!

Will update you guys as soon as there's anything happening.

radiant floor heat is the only way to go

My old house is about sold. Apr 15 closing date. Will be nice not to have anymore, and nice to have the $$$$. New shop will be going up next. Hoping that somewhere in there I can find time to work on the diesel. Wifey likes to dream up things for us to do. Hoping that slows down once the first kid comes this September.

Well boys, I'm back. Getting my list ready of stuff I need still for the old Argo:

Bearings 1" & 1.25"
    Radiator & hoses
    Fans
    Fan switch
    Fuel Filter / Water Separator
    Tranny Oil
    Wheel Studs & Nuts

Of course there's gonna be a few little bits & pieces here and there, but that's the major stuff. Wifey has given me the green light to get it done. I estimate around $800. I have 2 months before the camping trip is gonna happen, so might be burning some midnight oil some days.

Question for anyone out there, does anyone have an email address or contact person for Buffalo Bearings? Can't find the 1" bearings up here in Canuckistan, and NTN bearings from Argo cost an arm and a left nut. I know people have posted stuff about bearings before, but I didn't write anything down like part numbers that BB uses.

I've got a solid 2 weeks at least before construction starts on the shop, so I'd like to have things underway before that starts, as it has to be done before baby #1 gets here in September.

Pretty much everything is ordered and on its way to my brothers box over in Niagara Falls. Waiting for all of it to get there, then I'll head down and pick it all up. Buffalo bearings has to order some more of the outer bearings, but they should be in this week Tuesday. Won't be too long before this beast will be going together. Finally! Will definitely keep you guys up to date on the progress.

All parts but the bearings are at the box. I plan to make the trip early Saturday morning. Lining up some help to lighten the load of the heavy lifting when putting this all back together. Hope to do a bit of painting on the frame in the coming days in preparation for it to go back in the tub. Have picked up fittings and hose for the cooling system. Four axles need to go to the machine shop to get the step on the end for the 1" bearing. Hope to remember to bring them tomorrow. Will see if we can get it back together in a week or so! I'm sure there will be a few bugs to work out.

+ Reply to Thread