Briggs and stratton 18hp help please

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Briggs and stratton 18hp help please

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated. Will get that ordered on Monday.
    Can I ask? once I have fitted this part, does that just connect to the engine casing after connection from each coil?
    I was planning on fitting a push button kill switch. Do you know who I would go about fitting this?
    Thanks again for your time.
    Richie

The wiring you have looks like a complete cluster f... I suggest calling MuddOx and getting the correct wiring harness and switch from them as well as correcting the parts on your Briggs. The. Forget about the kill button. The key works just fine when it's done stock.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

the wire mounted to a #3690677 insulator on the fan housing. you can just add wire to the end of the kill wire to any switch that grounds to the engine when activated.

throwing money at it is always an option I guess I would think any MuddOx Dealer in the UK would be more than happy to drain the ole checkbook. Duty fee's and taxes from anything over here would also be pricey, I thought I read He just wanted to get it running and push it off.

I'll shut up now...

Thanks guys, if I was keeping this one I would get 100%, but it was my first one and it always bugged me not stoppning on the key like my other! so thought I would try and sort it for its next rider, I will order the wire for the coils and put a cut out switch to kill the engine, its been well messed with and tatty so needs to go and yes prices are very high here for the Max parts! still not sure why the last owner has done this? Thanks again for your help.
    Richie
    Last edited by wiggy; 09-21-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Hi Nubs
    I started the engine just now and pull a plug lead from the spark plug and it still ran, refitted it then removed the other plug lead and still ran!!! now I am totally lost!!!!! is their any other way of killing the engine?

Wiggy, what you asking for it as it stands, running or not ? may be interested if price is right, but I have just agreed to buy a new rifle and there's another I'm looking at so the toy fund is a little unstable at the moment. (can't have too many guns )
    Wouldn't mind a max to go with the Argo's .

Hi Rodp
    Its running fine just need to choke it to kill it, lol was planning on getting the engine kill sorted first it bugging me, I have just bought a 3rd on so I will need to get rid of two very soon before the wire finds out lol, pm for my contact number.
    Richie

Three max's !!! There's more of them up there than down here then, it's all Argo's this end (well, a few) and those kawasaki and Polaris side by side things.
    PM me your number and I'll contact you next week. Fancy a max but as I said, I've spent a few £££ on a new rifle and I've got my eye on another. Realistically we should get rid of an Argo to make room for something else, we're struggling to do work in the unit now with all the toys over the place.
    Rod

Hi Rod, I know what you mean, I have three MaxII , 18 Quad bikes, so yes room is a must. will do.
    Richie

+ Reply to Thread