kohler K3992ST Walbro Carb Alternative

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kohler K3992ST Walbro Carb Alternative

kohler K3992ST Walbro Carb Alternative

I have an old 70s argo 6x6 with a kohler K3992ST engine and a Walbro WR6 carb.
    The engine works fine but the carb is basicly gone. Is there a good modern bolt-on replacement that is avalible?

Quote Originally Posted by mcbpatz View Post
    I have an old 70s argo 6x6 with a kohler K3992ST engine and a Walbro WR6 carb.
    The engine works fine but the carb is basicly gone. Is there a good modern bolt-on replacement that is avalible?
    My first Argo was equipped with that same engine and had a down draft Walbro that was far more trouble than it was worth,what i did was to have a bud in a machine shop cut out a two bolt flange and fab me a elbow with a groove cut and used a Mikuni VM I think it was a 36 and put a pulse pump on and a little fiddling with the jetting and wham the old Kohler ran smooth as could be best addition to that machine,the socket for the Mikuni was off of a Ski Doo that basically fit a piece of pipe and then the carb worked awesome,tons of old sled parts around find a carb set up off a 440 or 500 cc and jet a little and move into the 21 century.NCT

+ Reply to Thread