Koehler command 23

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Koehler command 23

Koehler command 23

I have a 2006 max 2 and I'm looking to get a allittle more power and top end speed. Is there any mods and procedure for disconnecting the govenor thankyou.

No need to disconnect gov., adjust the small cap screw on the throttle assy. to about 4600 rpm's.

Did same to kohler27. When I checked RPMs set at factory it was only 3400. Adjusted like Jim said to 4300 (incredible power difference). Norm

is that "cap screw" on this image ? sorry not sure if that clear ?
    Attached Images

No that is only carb. linkage, cap screw and nut are directly across from where the cable attaches.

Thanks for the help, is it in this image. Just don't want to turn the wrong screw...thx in advance.
    Attached Images

Good Evening I would also like to set my cap screw on my Kohler,but not sure of my RPM,s can i attach a tachometer to my engine to give me a steady read out of the RPM,s? I have looked for my Cap Screw but not sure which one it is, is there a video on how to do it or a better picture some where Thanks All Steve

The picture didn't blow up enough for me to see.
    The cap or machine screw is on top of the exhaust side of gov. linkage directly across from where the throttle cable is held. CAUTION; muffler may be hot. The screw has a 6?mm head and a locking nut, turning it in will raise rpms, hook a tach or a "tiny tack" up to get rpm's first.
    4200 like Norm did is a good start and may be all you need, any more than 4600 is no good and I probably should have started with 4200. If it is set at 4600 do not run like that too long.
    When setting at 4200, that is in neutral with no load, this should keep it around 3600 when under load.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    The picture didn't blow up enough for me to see.
    The cap or machine screw is on top of the exhaust side of gov. linkage directly across from where the throttle cable is held. CAUTION; muffler may be hot. The screw has a 6?mm head and a locking nut, turning it in will raise rpms, hook a tach or a "tiny tack" up to get rpm's first.
    4200 like Norm did is a good start and may be all you need, any more than 4600 is no good and I probably should have started with 4200. If it is set at 4600 do not run like that too long.
    When setting at 4200, that is in neutral with no load, this should keep it around 3600 when under load.
    Is this it? from a 23 command I think

Thank You very Much Great Picture

+ Reply to Thread