Spark plugs for Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spark plugs for Conquest

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 06:37 PM.

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Mark I think you may have answered my question about the plugs. The NGKs that where in the machine have about 3/4" threads so it must have the newer engine design with higher domed heads. I found 9 different plugs that cross reference with the RN14CY. I would think different heat ranges resistor and non-resistor and so on. The RN14CY is in the middle of the heat ranges from what I found out online. Cross reference numbers I found are N14YC,N16YC,RN16Y,XN14Y,N13Y,N16Y,RN14Y,RN16YC,XN1 6Y,and STK405 which is the same as the RN14YC plug.

I don't know if this helps anyone but the date of manufacture on my engine is 08/2001.

It now has the champion plugs and running smooth again, also synthetic oil, filter change, tranny oil, grease job, and new yellow top Optima battery Ouch. Oh and they put the battery post on the opposite side so the positive post is very near the radiator 1/2" to 3/4" clearance but I do have the rubber boot covering it and clamped down in the tray.

I have been running the NKGs in my 2002 conquest for a couple of years now and it has not skipped a beet. Starts within seconds of turning the key. With any plug you will find a bad one now and then. One thing for sure is do not put a too long of plug into the older engines FD 620s. Always rotate the engine by hand just make sure there is not a problem.

+ Reply to Thread