bolt on h. p.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bolt on h. p.

bolt on h. p.

hey friends, just wondering what bolt on's (carb. etc,) are available for the 16 h.p. vanguard in my max 2 ? how much could i gain, would i notice the difference ? best place to buy and about how much ? thanks a bunch ! johnboy va. talking about more h.p.

Removing the exhaust restricter's and a different carb with intake will be the cheapest and easiest upgrade that You would notice.
    Stiffer or shimmed valve springs will allow You to run the rpm's up and that helps a lot.

This is nice to have also, No worry's about blowin' er' up. Its been a while since I have used one so You want to call first to confirm this model fits the Vangaurd. if not they will have the right for one for the same money.

BANDOLERO REV LIMITER

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Racing stripes ad 15hp to a car and airbrushed flames ad 20hp when combined with neon lights and a body kit. Not sure what they are rated to ad on a Max, but I would think 3 or 4 extra ponies would be a pretty believable claim to make.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

thanks, took everyones advice !! sawed out the restricter , add new valve springs to a 20 h.p. with the rev limiter . max is at the paint shop getting flamed, chrome rims and a 6'' lift kit. i'll add the light ropes myself ( 58 ' ). thanks to everyone. seriously, i do appreciate the ideas. drew, i will test your theory with decals first. johnboy va.

i did just find a post by jp swift that said there are restrictor plates in each exhaust port. just take pliers and pull them out. may have to adjust carb a little richer. comments ? thanks , johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread