Tecumseh 16 hp engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tecumseh 16 hp engine

Tecumseh 16 hp engine

I have an issue with my walbro carb whg type. I cleaned it in varsol, wiped it down real well, and used air compressor to blow it out. i put in a carb kit, didnt include the high speed jet. I tried 2 of them, i had a spare carb. My issue is that it starts very well but in gear, i have to leave choke half closed or it just stalls, or starves for gas. i seem to be getting lots of movement from the govenor. when idling the govenor lever moves rpm gets higher. back and forth, i dont know why it does this. I tried adjusting the high speed jeta bit at a time and only made it worse. i could drive all over the place, but no speed. Something in the bowl? Both high speed jets are damaged Any help would be welcome. Thanks for looking

Check the little brass tube inside the boss that the bowl retention screw threads into. This is the idle circuit fuel supply up to the top of the carb. Did you pull/replace the welch plugs?

It wasnt a part in the carb kit i purchased. i am going to get another more complete carb kit and try that. I was wondering about the float adjustment?

Here ya go. This helped me out a lot.
    http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/...table_carb.asp

The tube I'm talking is #11 in the article.

Very nice! That link should be stuck somewhere

After looking at this the carb is slightly different than the older Tec. carbs, if this is what you have try the k341 setting as that is 16 hp.. Have the needles been removed and ports cleaned? 2+2 is great but don't touch rubber or plastic with it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

The older carbs also had a neoprene needle seat that likes to shoot out with compressed air and bounce off the walls never to be seen again.

i havent taken the carb that far apart yet. I have taken a few videos which i posted in my other post Winter ride, as well as pictures of the levers in my photo gallery. Maybe i need a better cleaner than varsol?

+ Reply to Thread