Vanguard Governor Help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vanguard Governor Help

Vanguard Governor Help

Hi All

I installed a high rev kit on my 18hp vanguard, (MAX II) what do I need to do to disconnect the governor? The throttle control and governor are on the same linkage. Do I just disconnect the small spring from the governor linkage to the engine case/

thanks
    Larry

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks

looks like I have another project this week.

What is the advantage of a high rev kit compared to governor?

If you send me an email I'll attach a drawing that I use to remove the governor. It uses the stock bell crank and throttle cable mounts. Quite easy and requires modification of only one linkage rod.

Tattooman

the high rev kit allows me to rev the engine up to aprox 5000-5500 rpm. the governor restricts the rpm to about 4000-4200. more rpm more power.
    the governor needs to be removed for the high rev kit to work.
    The kit comes with 2 steel push rods to replace the aluminum intake push rods (my engine had all steel ones), comes with 8 shims 2 under each valve springs. and new aluminum valve spring holders. It basically allows the engine to rev high without the valves floating. It also comes with a 5 degree offset key for the flywheel which mine sheared as soon as the engine fired up and and I had to reinstall the stock key way.

Always need to clean both surfaces and torque the flywheel, the key only sets the timing and does nothing for holding the flywheel in place once installed.

I ran many vanguards with No key at all

Thanks, Nubs
    thought I had everything cleaned. I will try it again, Next time I will make sure the flywheel is seated good and torqued.

Cracked flywheels are out there, if some where along the line somebody pounded it on with a impact too tight that would do it.

just sayin

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread