Magnum flywheel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Magnum flywheel

I just got back and had another few problems with the fly wheel again. Ok I got the nut off and the plastic grass screen and the starter pulley thing, but then there was then actual fly wheel with those plastic cooling fins on it. How do I get that off? I. Noticed 4 bolts around the edge where the cooling fins are is that it or?

Generally there are 2 or 4 bolt holes near the center hole of the flywheel to attach a puller for removal. However, I have not been in a Magnum for some years so please post a picture of where you are currently.

Do not pry on or hammer the flywheel.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Curtis just looked at the Home page of the site, in the Manuals section sub section Kohler sub section M18&M-20 there are both parts and service manuals. In the Service manual (pdf on the right) on page 9.5 are removal instructions.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I already did but you need a fly wheel puller. Is there any other way of Doing this?

Not really. Lots of people use a lot of different techniques but anything other than a puller has a greater chance of just breaking stuff.

You can make one with some plate and a bolt/nut. Need a drill press and a welder.
    Around here you can borrow/rent tools like this from the local auto parts store. Most likely it will be a crow foot puller. You can probably find on like that on ebay for around $20. If you are going to make a habit of fixing/rebuilding/tinkering (like many on this forum) then it is probably time you start to collect tools. Buy good ones - they'll be cheaper in the long run.

But for sure you need to be spraying some kroil/liquid wrench/whatever your favorite brand of penetrating oil is on it now and every day until you solve the tool problem.

Ok I found one. It's silver and has a long nut in the middle that you twist and two silvers arms on the side.would that one work

Just got back from the cabin. Had the cowling off around the flywheel and got the fan off but that big hunk or iron or metal whatever it is, can't get it off what do I do

You really need one like the one on the manual page that Jim mentioned...

I got the stator off what do I clean it with?

A product caĺled electra clean & a tooth brush is ideal. Brake clean will also work(both are in aresol cans).
    I suppose if its all you have you could use hot soapy water...

+ Reply to Thread