Max IV 18hp mild build help needed.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max IV 18hp mild build help needed.

Max IV 18hp mild build help needed.

I searched online last night and this morning for three hours and couldn't come up with links to what I'm looking for. I don't need something crazy, I just want to get rid of the throttle lag. I'm running 26" outlaws and need all the help I can get. What I'm looking at doing is a cam swap, valve springs, thinner head gaskets and governor delete. Probably going to build a new exhaust as well.

In the engine forum search vanguard, it's all on here.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I'm not sure how I missed all that info. Makes me look bad. Maybe I was too close to see it lol.

Offset timing keys.....will a 23hp work or do they require a different key?

same key, pushrods, cam, springs, retainers all the same from 14 to 23hp

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    same key, pushrods, cam, springs, retainers all the same from 14 to 23hp
    thanks, I am going to try to keep from getting into the bottom end I think. I dont want to put a ton of money into this motor when I could swap a motor that will make way more power. I am going to limit this to a free flowing exhaust, flywheel key, 20hp intake/carb. Thinking about going with an atv carb for the tuneability aspect(I have much more experience with them). may do valve springs/retainers if necessary?? would thinner head gaskets require a starter?

starter will work fine if its in good shape, i would hold off on the flywheel key t'il you get carb dialed in. spring shims will get ya 6k rpm's

Oh well. Done bought it.

not sayin don't use it, two many changes at one time can make it hard to tune is all...

did a little exhaust modding last night. made a huge difference.

+ Reply to Thread