white smoke on argo avenger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: white smoke on argo avenger

Pump some fuel out and have a look see.
    Have you checked the air filter for critter dwelling, water, oil?

Also a bent pushrod can cause excess compression and for crankcase pressure through breather, RARE.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I will look for the fuel tomorrow. This winter I changed the air filter the inside tube and the outside tube. Is there a way to put them on. Is the blocks part going towards the carb or towards outside. But I tried without the air fister on and it did the same.
    Jack

I don't smell any antifreeze
    Jack

You may want to check valve guide seals, oil may be leaking back into cylinders after shut down

Possibly diesel fuel in your gas as well. Take off the fuel line buy some line and run it it a good known gas can and see if it does the same.

white smoke

Quote Originally Posted by luffydog View Post
    Possibly diesel fuel in your gas as well. Take off the fuel line buy some line and run it it a good known gas can and see if it does the same.
    Thank you everybody for the help. I'm not a mechanic but I try to learn. I didn't change the gasket yet. People tell me that there is a timing chain. Don't know anything about that. I took the valve cover off. If I take the head off is there any adjustment on valve and timing chain.
    Thank you
    Jack

Hi, thank you everybody for the help. Since I'm not a mechanic I don't know how. Is there a timing chain and do I have to remove the valves
    Jack

You don't need to touch the timing or remove the valves. Follow the Ageis shop manual( available online). No valve adjustment on kohler as they have hydraulic lifters that are self adjusting. With heads off remove the gaskets and inspect for any areas that could leak between the coolant and the combustion chamber. There is usually a metal ring around the cylinder in the gasket, even a blackened area can be a leakage area. Plan on resurfacing the gasket surface of the heads. Good luck and the pics in the shop manual are great.

Hi, I changed the gaskets on both cylinder. The engine starts like a new one. When I took off the cylinders there was some antifreeze on boths piston. I let it run for a bit then it starts doing exactly the same. Heavy white somke when I give more throttle. Then the motor stops. With some choke it starts again but the same happens. Could anybody tell me whats wrong with it.
    Thank you
    Jack
    Jack

I know nothing about this engine, but I will ask a question for all to ponder. Does the coolant pass through the intake or base of the carb on this engine? Just trying to think of other sources of leaks that could get into the combustion chamber.
    Cracked head or block, or if not cracked perhaps a pinhole corroded somewhere?

+ Reply to Thread