Oil blow back on 84 IC with kol twin series II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Oil blow back on 84 IC with kol twin series II

i keep her in the shed the winter! my throttle has very little spring back,i mostly need to twist the throttle back myself because it usually wont by itself?

i had to replace all my throttle stuff new twist on handle bar, new cable ,now I have the issue with the linkage

Jim I do not think i have the space to move over towards the carb throat as you can now see in the corrected photos it would have to move over at least 1/2 inch to clear
    the tube. In the carb3 photo you can see the cable it self is just touching the tube. The whole clamp assembly is blocked by the tube. The last photo is a top view showing the tube hole in relation to the carb opening and the throttle cable underneath. Question does the tube need to sit with inside the air filter or can it be outside of the filter, will this affect the vacuum created.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Aahicnow; 02-24-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Looky here.

closer to yours

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    i keep her in the shed the winter! my throttle has very little spring back,i mostly need to twist the throttle back myself because it usually wont by itself?
    looks like your argo really is a 3 cycle.lol

hahah good one plott hound. i must say its fun doing doughnuts in snow though

From the look of these pics they have the same issue.

I just noticed that my tube has the bend at the top, bottom pic has it at the bottom wonder which one is correct
    Last edited by Aahicnow; 02-27-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Well according to image in service manual for the KT17 anyway mine is in the correct postion

I think i had trried before but what do you think if i moved the clamping mech to the other side of the arm Facing the left in your bottom pic
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Aahicnow; 02-27-2017 at 02:34 PM.

clamp would interfeer with the aircleaner plate.you could cut a little of it tho to mod it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahicnow View Post
    From the look of these pics they have the same issue.

I just noticed that my tube has the bend at the top, bottom pic has it at the bottom wonder which one is correct
    Looking at that picture you'll notice the cable holder is slightly less spaced away from the throttle arm than yours is, it looks to clear fine. Also if you look at the holder in the other pic it is a different style with the screw on the top instead of on the side if that is where the problem is.

If your only issue is the cable ( just the cable and not the screw) hitting the hose, again a slight bend inward should clear the hose and stop the abrasion though I would be gentle going a tad at a time and checking for any bind. Another option is to perhaps loosen the cable clamp at the manifold and rotate it slightly if possible which should again add clearance.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

This video explains better than i can this was after pushing linkage over.The problem is compounded by tube is pulled over more when breather on. Would a thicker gasket under the breather assembly to lift it up work?? BTW after shooting this video I also did as you suggested and rotated the clamp on the manifold to the rear a bit to straighten out the cable a bit. It still did not help, as soon as the throttle was applied it stuck open enough to engage the clutch.
    Last edited by Aahicnow; 02-27-2017 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread