Building a Bandolero W/governor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a Bandolero W/governor

Building a Bandolero W/governor

I had built some of these engines about 15yrs ago for a guy down the road that set his son up in a bandolero car. Now the son has moved on and the guy installed one in a pulling tractor for the last two seasons, now he asked me to build one with a few updates.
    He wanted me to take pictures as i go so i thought i'd post them here as well

Last edited by Nubs; 07-05-2017 at 04:34 PM.

This started out as a stock 350447 type 1209-A1 code 9612411. over the seasons in the car i installed 23hp heads and a mid range cam 3,500 to 6000 rpm, the rules back then were the engine had to run the factory governor and carb. so pretty much anything else to make power was fair game, well kinda..

The new pistons are .010 over one cyl would not clean up so i had to sleeve it, then zeroed out the deck height, now the piston sits flat with the top of the bore @ TDC. this block had a +.013 deck height from the factory. the last picture was of the other cyl without the sleeve.

Last edited by Nubs; 07-05-2017 at 04:41 PM.

The new sleeve is pressed into prepared bore and then milled flush?

Good stuff, Nubs! Keep it coming.

Yes the hole was .002 small, block heated to 300ish and the sleeve was in the freezer. slips right in with some loctite 640 on the last inch, i left a .125 ledge on the bottom of the hole for it to sit on.

locating pins added to hold the copper head gasket in place, will see why as this goes along. this indicator works nice for finding center of a hole with the mill running.

Last edited by Nubs; 07-05-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Was able to cut in some larger stainless valves and still use the factory seats, opened up the bowl and runners also.

i use a marker to check as i go

Last edited by Nubs; 07-05-2017 at 05:08 PM.

I'm enjoying this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm enjoying this thread.
    Yeah me too!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

This is how i go about opening up the bowl/seat, i'm sure there are better ways to do this but it has work good over the yrs.
    this is a different head but same concept

I'm waiting on some parts so i moved on to the exhaust problem, not sure what someone was thinking here but i found this 1 1/4 tubing for $18 shipped to the door.

some part numbers if your wonderin'

the rods were a $225 for the pair.

Pistons were $300

+ Reply to Thread