Summer Camp Engine Update

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Summer Camp Engine Update

Nice diagnosis, Dr. Don!!!!!

Definitely a vacuum/seal leak.

Now that racing is over I dug the Summer Camp machine back out and tore the engine down to bare bones. Totally rebuilt it and reinstalled it. It would start with gas down the cylinders but would not stay running. Played with it for two days. Finally I figured that it had to be a fuel problem. It has a new carb on it but I decided to open it up anyway. I looked inside and everything looked good. I remembered that way back at the beginning of all this I put a new needle and seat in because they have to be smaller then the stock ones. I pulled it out and looked at it and noticed that when I put it in originally I must have slightly bent the clip that holds the needle in. The spring was good but the clip just barley rubbed against the needle and wouldn't let it float up and down. I bent the spring and reinstalled everything. Boom! She fired up and stayed running. Finally took it for a ride tonight and it runs great! I can't wait to take it to Pine Lake next year. I have never had this much trouble with a machine before. There were multiple things wrong and all of them together made it almost impossible to figure out what was wrong. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and help with this. YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

good job Scott!! glad to hear its up and running. Sure is a nice looking machine.

Now I have to figure out that B/H 5000 tranny in the other machine. I am going to order some pucks. It's the only thing I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    good job Scott!! glad to hear its up and running. Sure is a nice looking machine.
    Thanks!

Hard to believe that it has been a year already but we had summer camp June 11-13 this year. I couldn't build another machine so my fantastic wife went out to the garage and helped me tear last years machine back apart, bag and tag everything and load it all up to take to camp. I got 10 students this year and they worked hard and completed the machine on the third day. I was able to give everyone rides all afternoon. The machine ran great! Many students told me that they will be signing up for my camp next year. Hopefully may back will cooperate, lol! Sorry, I forgot my camera so I only have pictures from today.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    Hard to believe that it has been a year already but we had summer camp June 11-13 this year. I couldn't build another machine so my fantastic wife went out to the garage and helped me tear last years machine back apart, bag and tag everything and load it all up to take to camp. I got 10 students this year and they worked hard and completed the machine on the third day. I was able to give everyone rides all afternoon. The machine ran great! Many students told me that they will be signing up for my camp next year. Hopefully may back will cooperate, lol! Sorry, I forgot my camera so I only have pictures from today.
    Ten more young men who now have a mechanical interest in our hobby. Good for them and congratulations Smudvapor

+ Reply to Thread