How many hours on your Kohler??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How many hours on your Kohler??

Kohler engines are a great little engines i have been working on them every day since the k series, ok here is what i see the command series life span getting its but kicked hard every day is around 2000 hrs on avg. Not with out repars tho. Like head gaskets, pan reseals, and an occasional reed valve all not too bad of repairs tho if you are handy, ok and mabe a coil or 2. As far as the efi. My favorite engine of theirs now that they worked all the bugs out. Life span i am seeing around 4000 hrs on avg . 700 to 1000 hrs check fuel pressure at the side mounted pump it should be 38psi. I see them go bad around those hrs. I will be putting one in my 02 conquest. Dont get the o2 sensor wet and change the oil after 8 hrs to get the shipping break in oil out and it will be a very good engine to you. Hope that will ease your mind. Cause it could be worse not a big fan of kawi or Briggs cause i work on those also. But thats fo another post. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Motormanrod View Post
    Kohler engines are a great little engines i have been working on them every day since the k series, ok here is what i see the command series life span getting its but kicked hard every day is around 2000 hrs on avg. Not with out repars tho. Like head gaskets, pan reseals, and an occasional reed valve all not too bad of repairs tho if you are handy, ok and mabe a coil or 2. As far as the efi. My favorite engine of theirs now that they worked all the bugs out. Life span i am seeing around 4000 hrs on avg . 700 to 1000 hrs check fuel pressure at the side mounted pump it should be 38psi. I see them go bad around those hrs. I will be putting one in my 02 conquest. Dont get the o2 sensor wet and change the oil after 8 hrs to get the shipping break in oil out and it will be a very good engine to you. Hope that will ease your mind. Cause it could be worse not a big fan of kawi or Briggs cause i work on those also. But thats fo another post. Hehe
    Great info! Thanks!

lol yup, mine does the same thing!! only got about 10 hrs on it

Hoping rockdoctor chimes in here with some water cooled numbers also, I know he sees machines with extended runtimes on them.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 10-23-2017 at 07:33 PM.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by argo6x6! View Post
    lol yup, mine does the same thing!! only got about 10 hrs on it
    Do you mean it starts harder than you would expect from a fuel injected engine?

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Do you mean it starts harder than you would expect from a fuel injected engine?
    Ya kinda, at times it will need to be cranked longer...starts every time but sometimes just crank a little more then i think it should. i have the 19 hp air cooled engine

Ya kinda, at times it will need to be cranked longer...starts every time but sometimes just crank a little more then i think it should. i have the 19 hp air cooled engine
    Yup...Exactly what mine does

I'm sorry crossed threads, the 19efi should have a manual pump which could explain the extended start times as the efi needs a certain pressure to run right. The buzzing may be a brake fan if you have one.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread