Jlo 440

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jlo 440

Jlo 440

Are the Jlo 440’s a good engine to rebuild? I found the gasket set and pistons.
    Are they a powerful engine? I was thinking since it’s the 6 bolt head , just send jugs out to
    My buddy to have them ported out and go .20 over. Just wondering if it was a good base
    To get some power out of. If it were like good for 40hp, without reliability issues.
    Thanks
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bentvalve View Post
    Are the Jlo 440’s a good engine to rebuild? I found the gasket set and pistons.
    Are they a powerful engine? I was thinking since it’s the 6 bolt head , just send jugs out to
    My buddy to have them ported out and go .20 over. Just wondering if it was a good base
    To get some power out of. If it were like good for 40hp, without reliability issues.
    Thanks
    Don
    Well I will throw my 2 cents in on this. I personally have had pretty good luck with them. Last one I had was the cuyuna version with cdi ignition and that one was very reliable.I also prefer the mikuni carbs because I could never get those walbros or tillotson carbs to run real good.2 strokes with point style ignitions imo can give you some fits when hot. Can’t answer as to why but it just seems to happen sometimes. Also if your gonna trail ride this machine and pull stuff you will prolly want to throw a 4 stroker motor and have some torque and pulling power. But I do like my 2 strokers for fun!
    Good luck however ya go with it!

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    Well I will throw my 2 cents in on this. I personally have had pretty good luck with them. Last one I had was the cuyuna version with cdi ignition and that one was very reliable.I also prefer the mikuni carbs because I could never get those walbros or tillotson carbs to run real good.2 strokes with point style ignitions imo can give you some fits when hot. Can’t answer as to why but it just seems to happen sometimes. Also if your gonna trail ride this machine and pull stuff you will prolly want to throw a 4 stroker motor and have some torque and pulling power. But I do like my 2 strokers for fun!
    Good luck however ya go with it!
    I am with Dave on this one. If you like speed then it is a good engine. I have one in my trail machine and its fun but I kind of like my other machine with the four stroke when I am in the mud and climbing hills. Both of my racers have 440's in them and they run fast.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

+ Reply to Thread