2017 argo stuck at 3200 rpms

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2017 argo stuck at 3200 rpms

Hybrid View

2017 argo stuck at 3200 rpms

Hey, so i have a 2017 Argo frontier with the 19HP Kohler. Went out for a ride last night and all of a sudden the engine was stuck at 3200rpms. Of course i was in gear so it wouldn’t stop until i turned the key off. I put it in neutral, started it up again and still was sitting at 3200 rpms just screaming. The throttle cable was not stuck or anything. Removed the battery cable for 5 mins(reset the ecu maybe) and it fixed it... just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Update, now the oil light and engine light are coming on/off as you ride. Oil level is fine and seems like there’s lots of oil pressure.

Check all the sensor plugs. You have want to put dielectric in the sensor plugs. Also check your grounds and make sure both battery terminals are tight.

Dow Corning makes a great dielectric grease called DC4 we use it in aviation..FYI

I had my 2016 Frontier do this once with the 23 hp Kohler. Couldn’t shift to neutral with it revving but finally I was able to get it down to idle by flicking the throttle (I thought anyway). Only happened that once.
    My oil light is usually on too (sometimes goes out) and I know the oil is good...just did a full service on it.
    Don’t know where the sensors are so can’t check them.

Check the grounds

Quote Originally Posted by argo6x6! View Post
    Update, now the oil light and engine light are coming on/off as you ride. Oil level is fine and seems like there;s lots of oil pressure.
    You have a three year warranty and your guage is out of whack. Your dealer can use past experience or his computer to reset your guages but is is a bit complicated. why take a chance if your oil light is on.?

+ Reply to Thread