Engine Upgrade to ??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine Upgrade to ??

Engine Upgrade to ??

Hey all,

I just pulled a Terra Tiger out of a field and the Rockwell JLO engine that is in it looks like a nice boat anchor...one of the guys in here said it was a
    L252 that makes about 10hp and is a two stroke...yikes!
    What is a good modern day conversion for the TT?

Everybody (even manufacturers) seems to be going to 4-stroke (Vanguards are common) gassers, and some are dabbeling in diesel power. Both foriegn and domestic. I, myself am content with my Vanguard converted from a Sachs.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

the terra tiger is a tough machine to do an engine transplant. if you measure from the right side of the engine clutch to the right side of the tub, you'll see how little room you have. i've never found a 4 stroke to put in mine that would make much power and still fit. you might be better off just going to a larger single cylinder 2 stroke. if you do find a sutable 4 stroke, please let me know. i have a 300cc rotax in mine, oil mixed 42:1 with "golden spectro" (from a dirt bike shop). it doesn't make a ton of power, but it moves the tiger along pretty well.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Yamaha 300 Terra Tiger

There was a terra tiger recently for sale near me. I did not look at it but here is a picture from the ad. Can't see the detail very well. It was supposed to be a Yamaha 300 engine.

There is not a lot of room in this machine for the engine, like others have stated.

[/IMG]

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Well, Mark M's Silver Bullet Tiger is running a 23HP Briggs. Granted, he's some type of mechanical genius, but it fits in there and works great.

+ Reply to Thread