L and H Carb settings on a JLO 297

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: L and H Carb settings on a JLO 297

Hybrid View

L and H Carb settings on a JLO 297

does anyone have a manual for the carb "L" and "H' screw settings on the JLO 297?? I am going though the engine on one of the Attex 297's that I bought and also rebuilt the carb. Just want to be sure i have everything right before we put it all back together.

Thanks

Hi:
    Is this a Tillotson Carb? I believe I started at 1-1/4 turns out on both the hight and low speed, on a Tillotson HR7A carb. If yours is a different Tillotson, double check with someone who has used that carb.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Hi:
    Is this a Tillotson Carb? I believe I started at 1-1/4 turns out on both the hight and low speed, on a Tillotson HR7A carb. If yours is a different Tillotson, double check with someone who has used that carb.
    O sorry.... Yes, it is a Tillotson

I would start at 1-1/4 high and low. This is factory for the HR7A, but will be very close if not the same for a similarly sized Tillotson. Gently bottom the needles, tightening them with any force is BAD. And tune from there. I think I remember you saying your into other powersports, correct? If so, you should have it in no-time, and I don't think I needed to mention the gentle on the needles either.
    Last edited by 6X6; 11-09-2008 at 01:42 AM.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    I would start at 1-1/4 high and low. This is factory for the HR7A, but will be very close if not the same for a similarly sized Tillotson. Gently bottom the needles, tightening them with any force is BAD. And tune from there. I think I remember you saying your into other powersports, correct? If so, you should have it in no-time, and I don't think I needed to mention the gentle on the needles either.

Thanks a lot bud! No offense taken... Ya, i actually have a performance shop here in Mi. Was just looking to find the carb settings so I ddin't have to go look... Computers make me lazy!!

+ Reply to Thread