OH 160 overcharging???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OH 160 overcharging???

OH 160 overcharging???

Put a new batt. in 78 Argo.put multi meter on it ,got to 16.9 volts before i turned it off.thinking this may have caused the batt. to fail in the first place.Any suggestions to control voltage since Techumseh is no more?I assume this is the square shaped thing on tin flywheel cover (regulator/rectifie???r)Thanks in advance!
    You never know till you try it

If you want a decent manuel pm me your email and I can send it out. Parts can be tracked down but it gets a little tough to find them.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

check your grounds first make sure you have good contact

Thanks drew will send,wfo,automotive ground cable from block to batt.accessories ground to motor or chassis(bilge,lights,elect. fuel pump.winch ground to batt.)

amphibious drew your pm is full,wont send!

ArgoGirb67,

I just got that notification on my phone. I emptied it. You can send me your email address now and I will send it to you tonight.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Went looking for my spare,cant find the cover.have this one from 2 stroke parts machine(440 koler),has an extra wire,guessing a ground since it was riveted to plastic firewall.
    Attached Images

Found the cover from parts motor,(came from a lawn tractor),no reg./rec. cutout. Anyone know if the 2 stroke kohler one would work???2 yellow wires(ac?),1 red(batt+),1 black(-?)Orig 2 yellow(ac),1 red(to batt.)screwed to blower housing(ground?)

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    I'd give it a go. The extra wire would definitely be a ground if it was bolted to plastic originally. It should work no worries, and you wont do any harm trying it.

the ground wire does go to the body of reg,rect.Any know if the kohler 440 rated for 20 amps like the OH160?If the same i think this will work for me!

+ Reply to Thread