powermax engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: powermax engine

Hybrid View

powermax engine

does anyone know anything about the powermax motors on ebay? great price but I cant seem to find any info about them.....thanks....

Thumbs down Great engine.

I have the powermax 16hp electric start in my 208tt. It is a great engine and always starts. Even in 0 degree's. put choke on and pull the rope once and only once. It doesnt seem to start as easily with the electric start though, cranks more. Not sure why that is. The only problem I have had is the plastic fan on the flywheel cracked. They did shipped me a new one free under warranty, free shipping and no questions asked at all. I did fry the coil but it was because the wires shorted out and put + to the ground side of the coil that shuts it off, my fault. I got hot and I never did check to see if it would work after the coil cooled down but I did just by a genuine honda one cheap off ebay. Another problem you may or may not have is the low oil shut down. My engine was originally on a Kart and under heavy sharp cornering it would shut it down. I had to disconnect it and it was no big deal just wont shut it down when your low on oil. But over all It has been a great engine for the very low price tag. I mean I can buy like 3 maybe 4 of these engine for one 16 hp briggs vanguard. Which is also a great engine if you can afford one.

I do have a few videos of me climbing a hill and such on the video time section if you want to see it in action. Check out my profile and can find my post there. Once you find them you can go to youtube and see all the videos I have of it. User name on youtube is xljimmy from when I had a gmc jimmy. Also some videos there of the engine in my custom gokart I built too.
    Larry

I must add I dont have an hour meter but it has had alot of use between the attex and the gokart.
    Larry

thanks for the input, sounds like a good motor for the $$$$$

I also have their 16hp electric start. Mine is in a lifted golf cart. It only has about 14 hours on it but I've been very happy with it for the price. I split the case and removed the factory mechanical governer completely. I also tapped the hole that the governer assembly ran through and use it for a vacuum port for my fuel pump. I've kindda treated that little motor like I hate it and it keeps coming back for more. From what I understand the 16hp is 420cc and is just a factory bored and stroked version of Honda's GX390 which is 13hp. Supposedly all Honda parts will work which also enables a guy to use some of the performance parts out there for the Hondas.

sounds like a great motor for the money

+ Reply to Thread