kohler motor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kohler motor

kohler motor

fuel odor in oil, is it normal
    was looking at a 2004 and a 2007 avenger 8x8 and both had a slight fuel odor when i checked the dip stick, kohler motors in both machines, the 2004 had about 600 hours and the 2007 had 20 hours and the oil was just changed in both machines. any ideas??? thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 08-15-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: moved thread from Argo forum to Engine forum

If thay are sitting the float may be sticking or the plugs just fouled out to the point of flooding the motor. Best to check the Compression on them to make sure !
    The carb will drip fuel into the cylenders if the floats are sticking or it has a Bad Needle and seat. Also if the Fuel pump is OLD it Also will run fuel int to crankcase !!

If they are carbureted and run in the cold weather they can easily get fuel in the oil. Usually happens with carb ice. If you smell fuel change the oil. It evaporates and passes through the breather making it run rich, hence dumping more fuel into oil. If injected change oil and keep an eye on level and color. Black and over full equals fuel. Hope this helps

Fuel pump diaphragms leaking ? If they both were carbureted that is.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks will check

I get gasoline in the oil in the winter and suspect it comes from a combination of carburetor icing and water/condensation in the gas.
    If ice forms in the electric valve that controls the flow of gasoline to the carb, the valve may stay open when the ignition is turned off and allow raw gasoline to run into the engine. I solved this problem by installing a water separator in the fuel line.
    To reduce the carburetor icing I raise the temperature of the air in the engine compartment by putting a piece of cardboard in front of the rad.

+ Reply to Thread