I have a 2002 Response that I just bought.. This thing has the most bad gas I have ever seen before... anyhow long story short, i removed the carb and intake and soaked both in parts cleaner for days.. bought carb rebuild kit etc.

The carb in this machine is the nikki carb single barrel.
Engine code # 350447 type 1025-A1 code95072511
before doing this it would not run with the carb, only way I could get the engine to run was to spray fuel down the carbs throat.

After performing the rebuild it now starts and runs (only while holding the choke on). You can throttle the engine up and get it to drive and everything but I constantly have to grab the choke and pull it on before the engine dies down..
It idles around 2200rpm right now.. way too high as the machine just wants to take off on me when in gear.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I read in the manual the idle adjustment screw should be set at 1-1/4 turns. I have tried many different settings.

Feeling pretty beat right now by this whole situation as I have had this machine for over a month and havnt taken it past the end of my driveway.

Anybody have nikki carb for sale or have a good idea to fix this? Worst part about it is the rebuild kit costed me $90CAN and didnt fix the problem.