Max IV work in progress. (Coyote)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Max IV work in progress. (Coyote)

I'm ready to get this ride done....ready to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post

finally got my new bearings in and sealed. Had to heat the tub to get my new tires on. 27x12x12 executioners.

Winch installed...3500lb
    If the body settles any more you can add a lift bar. Then there is no need to heat the body for tire clearance.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Great job!! Your almost done!!!!!

I've got to get started onthe electrical system. The old wiring was junk so I ripped it all out. Going back with fresh copper so I can ad in extra wiring for future plans into my harness. .....I'm installing a fuse box in a water tight box and a relay box. Im one of those wiring gurus. I have plans on installing an alternator.

Finally got a motor. Bought 27 hp kawasaki of of daniel. Big motor but should do the job. I need to buy a few more parts and I can finish this build. Atleast the drive train..

That was a good deal on the Kaw. from Daniel, I had thought hard on it myself. Did he recommend buying the clutch and his extended engine cover?

I bought the clutch and extended engine cover, floor boards. My one inch clutch would not fit this motor.

UPS came again and it feels like christmas when they show up. My rod ends and pins arrived and also my red spring from recreative ind.
    Im waiting on my new secondary drive clutch to show up. Im going out back to modify the U channels on the t-20 to try and get the slop out of the laterals. Going to modify the engine stand and working on the body suppot to help get the sag out of the old max.

Please show pictures on how you got the body sag repaired. My Max is sagging to.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post

I'm ready to get this ride done....ready to ride.

Your Max IV looks like a fantastic mud machine. The tractor suspension seat is also a great addition too! I have these same tires on my Max IV now , with the Executioner tires facing forward for maximum traction. Since these tires hardly moved my Max IV in deep water, I installed two Goodyear Terra tires in the rear to see if this tire combination would help with my water speed. With this tire combo my Max IV will swim across a 30 foot pond in about 17 minutes. This is ok with me, because I hardly ever drive into water where my tires can't touch the bottom.

+ Reply to Thread