helium in tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: helium in tires

helium in tires

I was reading about the 4 wheeler mud boggers that where putting helium in the front tires to make them float better.Has anyone tried this on a 6 or 8 wheeler.

I would think the helium would leak really really easy. How does it leak out of a balloon? lol With the low psi and a lightly sealed bead, a little bit of dirt that would be ok with air may not be with helium.
    It has a small molecular structure and will leak through rubber.

These guys where pro mud boggers that put in the helium before the races to help keep the front end up.Not sure how long it would last but would be cool to try.

I was just searching around on google and it will make a car lighter by ounces. Now assuming the 4 larger tires will equal our 6 smaller tires it dont seem like it would be worth it. Just drink one less 16oz beverage before you go out and it would float better I would think. ??? Dont get me wrong though. I would love to see someone do it and find out for sure.

If nothing else,You could get a good laugh out of it........

lol, It would be an interesting experiment. One of those things that I wouldnt believe one way or the other unless there is actual proof rather then a bunch of people online saying one thing or another, lol.

Side note, a helium tanker weights more empty then loaded, lol.

Ok some people take that joke to serious, I do understand liquid helium has weight and isnt true.

This would be fun to try to see if it did make a difference, but to bad the world is in a helium shortage. Hehe!!!
    My collection: 2) attexes, 1) super swamp fox

So what your saying is it would take a giant ballon fill with helium.

sounds like a job for mythbusters!

Bill i agree.When it come to racing,Every little bit helps.Did you get your new argo?Where are the pictures?

+ Reply to Thread