whats been your longest ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whats been your longest ride

whats been your longest ride

just wander what you guys longest ride has been on your machine, you can post it hour or miles. mines been only 2 hrs on maxx 2

I remember the Humphrey, NY rides in the Fall (right around Halloween) we would go a pretty good distance on the logging roads.......I'm guessing 20-25 miles maybe. It doesn't sound like much, but in challenging mountainous, rocky, muddy, and heavily wooded terrain it's quite a bit. Now there are other folks like our friends down in Arizona (Whipper and Bridget and friends, hi everyone!) that ride quite a bit farther than that. They ride desert terrain, and some of the roads they ride are more open, more are tight and technical, but what kind of distances you travel can vary greatly depending on your geographic region.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Prior to the april ride I would say that on average Whipper,Bridget and myself when we go out 20-30 miles, most places we go to it's 8-10 miles one way, before the 66 mile red creek ride (round trip) our record distance was 42 miles round trip

I have gone approx 80 miles (40miles one way) on an old railway bed that has the old tracks removed. Took me about 6 hours to complete. Some places I could go all out and other places I was down to approx 5miles hour. Other rides that were shorter took me longer to complete due to terrain.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

We make the trip to my trapline a few times a year with the argo it is roughly 60 km or 30 miles one way though muskeg all the way makes for a interesting ride. Its a lot faster in the winter when its all frozen up.

man those are some long trips, gives me hope that I can do some long rides on my maxx 2. those r the best of times, I know when me and my girl 8 yrs old go, it makes for some good memories.theres nothing like having a good wincher with you that likes to get out in the mud

Quote Originally Posted by REB181 View Post
    Prior to the april ride I would say that on average Whipper,Bridget and myself when we go out 20-30 miles, most places we go to it's 8-10 miles one way, before the 66 mile red creek ride (round trip) our record distance was 42 miles round trip
    And a good 3-4 miles of the trip was on rocks the size of medicine balls!
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (22.2 KB, 43 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (29.7 KB, 39 views)
    Banned

I've taken 6-8hrs to make the 10 mile trip to my cabin on wet years. Damn near winched the whole way in, with a quad or two dragging behind me :-)

RD

My Father did over 200 miles non-stop in a first generation Attex back in 1969! I can't imagine what that would have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    My Father did over 200 miles non-stop in a first generation Attex back in 1969! I can't imagine what that would have been like.
    Was he in the Baja 500?

+ Reply to Thread