Flywheels

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flywheels

I had cause to speak to a local adhesive / epoxy manufacturer some time ago Jim, about a special adhesive. The info he gave me was very useful and it surprised me a little.
    Obviously you have to clean both parts before applying any adhesive and roughen both areas, but it's the roughening that I was out on. Apparently when the adhesive manufacturers say "roughen both areas" they have a different definition of roughen to most folk.
    He was quite clear in saying for chemical bonding when they say "roughen" they don't mean go over it with 40 grit, they mean something like 2000 grit. It's supposed to end up looking like a smooth matt finish, no shine but perfectly smooth.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    CORRECTION Now that I think about how I "polarized" the magnets. There are two types used,each having three poles. 3 of them are N-S-N and 3 are S-N-S. they are staggered. This yields a total of 18 "poles" in a pattern as I mentioned previously N,S,N,S,N...

Very sorry if I confounded anyone by originally implying that each magnet has 1 N and 1 S pole. They each have 3.

So looking at this Tec. it seems to only have 2 magnets with different polarity(not attracted) which look to be a 10 and 2 on the one with only 1 magnet loose. So I guess this is how it works on the Tec.s.

Thanks Rod, I planned on cleaning and just scuffing the surfaces.

Just an update, working fine since noon but smoking more than me. Gonna go a different route ad redo the tec. later.

+ Reply to Thread