Predator 22 hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator 22 hp

yeah, i'm still waiting on a good ,reliable report also on how the engines are holding up. thanks, john boy va.

He plans on putting a hurtin on it at ashtabula. This time it has all new bearings, axles and chains. All the old stuff is gone.

I couldn't resist and just ordered one for my Hustler. We will have to see how it goes.

I am going to chime in on this even though I do not have one of these engines like everything made in china it will be junk don't waste your money on one instead look on craiglist in your area for a cub cadet with a horizontal shaft motor in it they used briggs and kohlers in them 16,18,20,21,22,23 hp and you can pick them up cheap pull the motor and sell the chassis on craigslist that way you will have a good motor it might have 4-500 hours on it but will still out last the junk chinese motors and it will cost you less I see them advertised all the time in the 200-500 range

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    He plans on putting a hurtin on it at ashtabula. This time it has all new bearings, axles and chains. All the old stuff is gone.

So how did it do at Ash? Karens home built Bando Engine needs new rings already, and I'm debating on either replacing the rings or going to Al Hodge, or another big briggs or kohler motor! This is a killer deal, if it stands up to a good beating. I need something that is "Fred-Proof",,, so it has to be able to take a good one, cause I'm hella rough on my machines. Although, having a 30-40+hp Briggs built by a very creditable builder is nice and warranteed of some sort,,, the Predator price tag for an engine that is just as capable for our machines, if not more, is very, very tempting.
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

yeah fred ' i am still waiting also to hear how the predator engine has held up. maybe i can get some info at busco. this weekend should be a good chance for me to test out my max 2 highboy design. will miss ya. johnboy va.v

Took Phil out today for about 15 minutes to see if everything did what it should before making permanent stuff. So far I'm impressed by the response and power, but 15 minutes of donuts and drag racing is no 4 hour trail ride or 33 hour (what we put on at Busco this year) trial.
    Looks like we are going ahead with this build and a couple more weekends of customs should cure it.

Fred if you think you should try one, buy 2 or 3 and have spares to finish the weekend just in case, will be the same cost as 1 reputable engine.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

thanks jim, i looked at one at harbor on friday. if you can catch one at the 20 % off sale, the savings pay for the 2 yr. warranty. looking forward to your reports. no rush to buy one yet. thanks, johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Took Phil out today for about 15 minutes to see if everything did what it should before making permanent stuff. So far I'm impressed by the response and power, but 15 minutes of donuts and drag racing is no 4 hour trail ride or 33 hour (what we put on at Busco this year) trial.
    Looks like we are going ahead with this build and a couple more weekends of customs should cure it.

Fred if you think you should try one, buy 2 or 3 and have spares to finish the weekend just in case, will be the same cost as 1 reputable engine.

So I take that, as a "go" for the Predator!! We will see!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I put one in a max2 and took it on a couple runs around the wood seams to respond well and with power just is cold blooded on the start up I don;t no how to fix that

+ Reply to Thread