Predator 22 hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator 22 hp

Predator Engine

I put a Predator engine in my Trackster this past summer. So far, it's running great. The only thing I had to do, was relocate the crankcase breather hose from the air intake to a seperate filter. On steep inclines oil was being sucked into the intake and smoking real bad. Moviing the hose fixed the problem. I'm happy with the engine, so far.

thanks joe m. for the update. nice to hear from someone using this motor. so many different inputs about it. many online reviews from go kart people and such have been favorable. keep us posted from time to time, thanks johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
    I put a Predator engine in my Trackster this past summer. So far, it's running great. The only thing I had to do, was relocate the crankcase breather hose from the air intake to a seperate filter. On steep inclines oil was being sucked into the intake and smoking real bad. Moviing the hose fixed the problem. I'm happy with the engine, so far.
    Joe show me a pic of your breather mod, experienced same smoke issues on the tight turn thing aswell.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

if you go to the website '' homebuilt airplanes.com '' there is a fellow who bought the 22 h.p. predator and took it completely apart and then does a complete review on what he found. j.b.

We've had to do the same with the breather. Running them really hard without the governor you will get some blow by and makes a little smoke, ok alot of smoke.

For reference the Predator 22hp R670 engine comes with a 7amp charging system. Does anyone know if the Rato engine comes with a larger system? Rato is the parent company.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I just put a Predator 22 670cc in my hustler. I just used a primary clutch from my old blown up vanguard 16hp. Works fine so far, has good power and torque. I put in the jets for 3000 - 6000ft elevation. Only thing I don't like is that it's hard to start. Don't know what to do about it. I had to remove the switch box, to fit it in my hustler 900.

we have a vanguard on a start all at les then a year old the float stuck and washed the cylinder needless to say we had to have it rebuilt

All the predators are cold blooded. Need just a little throttle to start. They also like to warm up before using.

I bought one to put in my Hustler couple weeks ago. HF's July coupon book had a coupon to get the 22hp for $599. Only good till 7/31, though. Couldn't pass that up, even though I'm not ready for the engine yet.

+ Reply to Thread