Predator 22 hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Predator 22 hp

Not sure. If I had to guess high 4's low 5's. Its screaming. Biggest benefit of removing it is the power when you squeeze the throttle. Dont float the valves that often. Only on long straights screwing around.

i just recieved a 670 for an anniversary gift from my wife. needless to say, it will be going into her MaxIV. Need some help with wiring,, what all do i have to do or get rid of to make it compatible to my MaxIV. It is currently wired to receice a Kohler Command that I put in last year but failed shorltly after but had a Briggs in it originally. Also, what belt is used for this conversion or can the original Briggs belt work? Thanks guys!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    i just recieved a 670 for an anniversary gift from my wife. needless to say, it will be going into her MaxIV. Need some help with wiring,, what all do i have to do or get rid of to make it compatible to my MaxIV. It is currently wired to receice a Kohler Command that I put in last year but failed shorltly after but had a Briggs in it originally. Also, what belt is used for this conversion or can the original Briggs belt work? Thanks guys!!
    Get ahold of Tommy or the Michiganers, they've both just done them.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Get ahold of Tommy or the Michiganers, they've both just done them.
    Thanks alot Jim!!
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I really need to draw up a wiring diagram for that engine. I'll try and remember to do it later. As far as belts. We run the stock max iv belt for briggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    I really need to draw up a wiring diagram for that engine. I'll try and remember to do it later. As far as belts. We run the stock max iv belt for briggs.
    Thanks for the info on the belt! I’ll get one ordered today! A wiring diagram would be nice, if you can remember,,, I do know how it is to forget things at time!! Thanks a lot!!
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

i too am currently looking at re-powering my attex rig and am also strongly leaning toward the predator 22hp engine. My current rockwell jlo 399 is just not reliable enough and is quite difficult for locating parts for. I'm curious as to what clutch you ended up using that would with stand the torque and rpm's from this motor? as well as if you had to re-spring the t-20 driven clutch? if so, what spring did you end up using?

Nathan

I strongly recommend the swap. The engines are good stock and aftermarket parts are also available. I run 780 clutches. On the light machines I run the green springs in the secondary and in the heavier ones the red.

I see a lot of members on here using the comet 780's, yet they are only rated up to 18hp...these are capable of withstanding the 22hp that these engines are putting out?

My 670 predator is putting out close to 40hp and no issues.

+ Reply to Thread