Buffalo stories, pictures, video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buffalo stories, pictures, video

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by aatv junkie View Post
    Attachment 12950
    best pic ive seen so far though
    Now that's a lot of snow! Glad to see you've got supplies while you're snowed in.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

The towns north of the City of Buffalo saw very little snow. The dominant snow band where rates of >5" per hour was localized in a 7-10 mile wide knife edge that was focused just south of the city. It's nothing even comparable to a synoptic snowfall that might only drop a foot or so. I was on a job south of Rochester and watched the band on radar stay absolutely stationary for nearly 12 hours. At those rates, in populated areas, there's absolutely nothing to do with the snow. For the most part, these aren't nice rural roads where you can just get a chain of plows going and push it off to the side. The communities affected amounted to 450-500 thousand people, and you have to put it in a truck and haul it away. It takes a long time to do that just for the major arterials, let alone the side streets.

We'll get by. Only a couple more feet are forecast through Friday....

yard.jpg but nothing down here either.. dad is waiting on the snow to use his tracks on his amphicat
    If it don't have 6 wheels and floats.. isn't any good to me. Have you ever tried floating a 4 wheeler across a pond... Doesn't work very well does it?

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    I live about 5 miles north of buffalo and have about an inch of snow.
    You must have been bored this morning as you avatar has changed since 5:29. Bet the Griffin is snowed in good being just south of the city.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

It's dropped a bit cool over here in the UK if that's any consolation.

Is Buffalo Bearings in an area where they would have been buried too? I tried calling them this morning and nobody is picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk72 View Post
    Is Buffalo Bearings in an area where they would have been buried too? I tried calling them this morning and nobody is picking up.

Not really... they're considerably north of the problem areas.

Love that Mother Nature refrigerator! Hope Frabbit did not get buried alive, he lives in Orchard Park.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Not really... they're considerably north of the problem areas.
    I just talked to Greg Sr. at Buffalo Bearings. He said that although their shop wasn't in the problem areas, that's where they all live and had some trouble getting in. He said it was a tough storm , but they are all fine and will be back in business on Monday....

+ Reply to Thread