Choke Briggs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Choke Briggs

Choke Briggs

Is it just me or do you have to choke all Briggs engines even when it's warm. Or is it that way with all the small engines?
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

i always seem to choke my 16 h.p. briggs vanguard after it sits, even when it's 90 deg. like today. if it only sit's maybe 10 -20 min. if it's still warm, no need. john boy va.

Still thinkin this......Shoulda bought a Kohler!!

I never have to choke mine except in the winter. Neither my stock Argo or my jetted 18.

Have you pulled the caps off the air-fuel screws and opened them up a bit ? I usually have to do that on all 23 hp Briggs engines to get smooth idle and get rid of hesitation. Sounds like yours is a bit lean if it requires choke to start all the time.

Msafi65, Where are the air fuel screw located. I'm assuming on the carb on the idle screws is where your talking about?
    Thanks Red aka Wheeler.

Idle air fuel screws are on top of carb above the throttle shaft. They usually have plastic limit caps on them. Pull them straight off with pliers. Prying them off can damage or break the screws. Turning counterclockwise richens the idle. Idle speed usually comes up and will need to be reset. I've had to turn these out a turn or more to get rid of rough idle and hesitation on acceleration. Good luck.

Got it running great right now! Put on new fuel pump and adjusted carb throttle. I saw black rubber covers that I pulled off but they were just gas lines with covers.

These are the two black covers that were talked about

Hey Nubs, good picture thanks. But, on my 23 HP briggs I don't have those. The only ones I have on mine open up to a small gas line??? I will look again.

+ Reply to Thread