377 rotax question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 377 rotax question

377 rotax question

So I have a 377 rotax in my Amphicat, and I'm looking to quite my exhaust. Can I install dual exhausts, IE remove Y pipe and add two SEPARATE exhausts systems for each cylinder? I can't even find a snow machine with this setup so I need someone that knows engines good to be able to help me with back pressure and flow rates, and your gonna have to dumb it down for me. I read the book for dumbies and got lost :P

As it sounds like you already know, 2 smokes are very picky about their back pressure. I would keep the Y-pipe and expansion chamber you have and look at replacing just the can to start with and see if that satisfies you. If your set on running dual exhaust you will most likely need to step up to dual carbs as well in order to get it in tune. Treat each cylinder as a separte motor and tune accordingly.

The 377 Rotax is really too much engine for the Amphicat. you would be better off with a 13hp 4 stroke clone engine. They are reasonably quiet with the stock muffler.
    Acta non verba

12744174_801004263337705_4430410006536883583_n.jpgI got what I got, that said I guess I could take a walk through the snow mobile scrap yard and see about a different muffler. All I have right now is this.....

Most of the sleds with chamber type exhaust used a silencer after the chamber to quiet them down. You may be better off performance-wise to leave the original pipe on and add a silencer after it.

What I would give for a snowmobile scrap yard around here!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    What I would give for a snowmobile scrap yard around here!
    You've already got an AATV scrapyard...Start hauling in snowmobiles and you could really diversify.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    You've already got an AATV scrapyard...Start hauling in snowmobiles and you could really diversify.

Pickin' through my own junk isn't nearly as much fun.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

LMAO ya a atv scrapyard would be nice here. Closest place is 3 hours north. Its mostly old stuff for snow machines but I think I found a few pieces that may work. I don't wanna have it too quiet just take some of the pitch out of it seeing as it points towards the sky.

+ Reply to Thread