Kohler Model K440-AMS

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kohler Model K440-AMS

Kohler Model K440-AMS

Does this part number match any other Kohlers out there? K440-AMS

It's stamped on the motor plate and I don't see it in my service manuals.

I'm new to this and trying to figure out which model and ignition system I have.

Advice appreciated!
    Attached Images

That's the same model Kohler I have. I have a CDI ignition. Mine is new old stock so I haven't even had it running yet. I plan on setting it up this weekend and getting it going. I haven't found any manuals online for that model though.

Now that I look at it, I have a K440-2AMS.

Mike
    Last edited by ES-hustler; 11-25-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    old school hustler
    02 superhawk

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to service everything I can before running mine. After I get the firewall off I'm going to post more pics.

I have a service manual and a parts identification manual for these Kohlers. My part number isn't shown, so I don't know what's different.

I know these need 40:1 oil mixture, but the gas that's in mine now doesn't look mixed to me. I'll be adding fresh gas soon.

Kelly

can you e-mail me the manual for the 440
    wh6czu@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    Carl

I have the same engine in mine. What size of belt does it use. I got my Argo from my dads estate and didn't have a belt on it

+ Reply to Thread