Fuel injected or float

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel injected or float

Fuel injected or float

Trying to order new 23 hp to replace my 18 hp max. We drive mostly in phragmitis 12 ft high and over mud flats would a fuel injected motor be better than the standard old school float carborated. We don't use speed just need torque, I need the purchase to be before the first of the year. Thanks in advance for your help.

Depends i think a carburated engine would work just fine. If money isn't an issue go with the efi. As you will need a ecm and electric fuel pump for the efi so it will be a bit more money. I believe the only thing you really gain with efi is easier starts when cold and probably a little more efficient power should be close to the same.

Money is not the issue, but I would like to put the best possible engine in now so I don't have a problem later. I would like to order one with everything ready so I can just do a drop in. I'm having the t 20 trans rebuilt as we speak so I'd like to put everything back together new.

I am biased torward efi.so if i had to pick i would get an efi.just make sure that the ecm and fuel pump come with it when ordering.

Any opinions on a diesel

Haha i am installing a diesel in my max iv right now. Seems that the guys that use them love them. I know i love them in my garden tractors so we will see about a 6x6 here soon. Alot more work to install but i think it will be worth it. Unless you got one of those air cooled v twin diesels they wouldn't be as much work as an inline liquid cooled. But i have no experience with the vtwin diesels. I did have a two cylinder inline air cooled at one time. It had tons of torque but it sure was a noisy beast. Someone on here put a v twin in a swamp fox i think maybe he will chime in.

I have a 25HP Winsun diesel in a Super Swamp Fox. It was an easy install and because it has mechanical fuel injection, it was a simple drop in installation. Hydromike installed a liquid cooled diesel in his NEWT THE BOLD. Either engine should work fine, however the air cooled requires no radiator or coolant lines. If you go with a gas motor, the Kohler EFI engines should work great too.
    The diesel engines run cooler than a gas engine, but they are pretty loud. I utilize ear plugs on my machine, but other than that its not too loud. Diesel engines are much more efficient. I can drive this machine all day on 3 gallons of fuel, whereas my friends might use six or more gallons in their machines.

I don't have any experience with the Argo in the winter - yet! However, I have been driving ATV and motorcycles for many, many years and wouldn't want anything else but a EFI in cold weather. If you like tinkering and constantly playing with your machine in sub zero cold starts go carb. Otherwise, sit back and relax with an EFI (same applies to high altitude).

not a big fan of the noise issue my biggest concern is bouncing the motor around and getting clogged injectors. but i see people on the forum who bounce there machines alot more than i do going over the trails threw woods. i have the machine tore down now and would like to put it back together the best way possible, 3 miles in a tidal marsh is no fun broken down. were looking at purchasing a max 2 just incase this happens again. we walked 1/2 mile out last week due to one side of trans not working. 100 ft of wench line takes 30 pulls and alot of charged up jump boxes to get it to dry land. so i certainly will take all the advice given. I NEVER want to have to do that again.

If you run the correct fuel filter you should never get a clogged injector. All the new snowmobiles are efi and alot of the new atvs.

+ Reply to Thread