near stall when looking for low end torque

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: near stall when looking for low end torque

Thanks. Im having some trailer issues as well so it may be a few weeks or so. Meanwhile i am going to start by draining E fuel and replacing the fioter

Quote Originally Posted by fornarog View Post
    Someone mentioned that this might be clutch related, but the clutch and belt are both new, so this seems odd that me.
    It can be related to the CVT tuning. Your CVT may be trying to shift too high too quick or staying too high too long. Basically lugging the engine and not allowing it to make it's horsepower.

What Jim and I have suggested is to first make sure the engine is doing it's job.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    It can be related to the CVT tuning. Your CVT may be trying to shift too high too quick or staying too high too long. Basically lugging the engine and not allowing it to make it's horsepower.

What Jim and I have suggested is to first make sure the engine is doing it's job.
    Greg, JohnF is correct and in simple terms try this.

Disconnect either front or rear spark plug wire and move it away from the spark plug and try to start, if it starts the cylinder with the spark plug wire attached has spark, if it doesn't the problem begins there. Next try the same with the opposite cylinder.
    This will determine a cylinder or spark related fault, such as a fouled spark plug or deeper.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Napa also sells a plug that has a light on it. You plug one end to the spark plug and the other end to the plug wire. It tells you if your getting electric to the plug. It's about $10.00 well worth it especially after the first time you get shocked. (Speaking from experience)

Thanks Everyone! I will check the spark plugs. The belt may be "burned", stretched, or the wrong size. I will be checking into this as well.

Greg

Belt is a Carllisle Argo 125-56. The parts manual for this year calls for a 52" OC Drive belt - 125-56, so that is correct. It may be stretched even though it looks in good condition.

Proper thread hey Argo Jim was there not issues with the governors on some of those Kamakazi motors seems to me I had mine in for a warranty issue when we had Conquest,s.NCT

There were a few that had issues, I remember one in particular. Dad has had 10 or more Conquests without governor issues.
    The 22hp was not an engine option (I believe the 22hp was still a FD620 but was actually a JD engine and some were fuel injected), the common problems were anti diesel solenoid and the push rod falling off from stuck valves due to poor fuel or running cold.

I hope Greg's issue is simple though it could get to where you are if it's not, in worst case.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I pulled the spark plug wires one by one, and found that the argo would start fine with the front cylinder connected, but when I had only the rear cylinder plugged in the engine won't start.

I think this is the issue, just not enough HP from the engine to handle things under load..

Now the scary thought, what could cause this cylinder not to fire up the engine when the first cylinder would? I hope it isn't really bad news!

Switched the two plugs and repeated. Now the 1 front cyl wont fire but #2 will . Definitely a bad plug. Next step, determine what caused the plug to foul.

+ Reply to Thread