near stall when looking for low end torque

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: near stall when looking for low end torque

Quote Originally Posted by fornarog View Post
    Switched the two plugs and repeated. Now the 1 front cyl wont fire but #2 will . Definitely a bad plug. Next step, determine what caused the plug to foul.
    I wouldn't worry about it unless it fouls again, probably just a bad plug...it happens. If it repeats check that coil plug related wire.

Hey fornarog, it sounds like you have found your problem. Let me share a little insight, for what its worth.

I realize the use of words and phrases varies across the world, but herein the south when a spark plug has "fouled" it means there is so much oil getting into the combustion chamber that carbon build up on the plug interrupts the spark. I hope that is not what happened to your plug. Spark plugs can fail for a variety of reasons and in fact I have seen very new plugs fail. So, if your plug looks like it is caked up with tar you may be burning oil, in which case the plug will foul again at some point. Otherwise, like Canadian said, probably just a bad plug.

Thanks Dirtdobber. In Mississipp, Md is north. In New York, Md is south. For me, it is the home of the fabled Marsh Ghost, the Sika Deer, which is what has me messing with this Argo to begin with hahaha.

It was pretty crusted up, not with wet oil, but lots of carbon. After checking with Kawasaki, it looks like these plugs were not the correct ones. The previous owner had used BMR4A instead of BMR6A which may have increased the "fouling". I'll be correcting the plugs, changing the oil and filter, replacing the fuel filter, and replacing the gas to try and help. Hopefully, this will cut down on the likelihood of the problem happening again.

Be sure to use the correct plug as defined by the serial number and letter series of the engine, the 6 should just be a hotter plug with the same body. Argo first used the BMR4A in the Conquests and later the BPR4ES, do not use the BPR plug as it is longer and will contact the piston.

The Carbon "fouling" could be caused by lower grade gas or rich fuel mixture.
    Is this thing carbureted? Is it an FD620D?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks ARGO Jim. Also following TJ's advice and using Autolite plugs.

I would stick with the NGK's

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Oh boy, this could get interesting. Before asking for opinions I will do a search (saving you a post Moderator Mike!)

+ Reply to Thread