Building a Bandolero W/governor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Building a Bandolero W/governor

Gotta say i like doing these sleeper engines the best, but i'm glad its off the bench

Last edited by Nubs; 07-05-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Nice work Nubs. Did you clear coat the block and heads ?

Yes, there is some hi temp clear that works well, the aluminum gets very porous after bead blasting

Very interesting thread. Thanks for taking the time to post it all.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I see you still have the governor but does it still limit you to 3600 or are you able to adjust it for higher rpm. And if so how high will it turn up to? Sorry just have been looking at the post and was curious .
    Last edited by Dixon; 04-16-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Nice Work
    I see you mentioned coating the aluminum engine parts. Have you ever heard of or tried Iridite? I use it often when I am overhauling Turbine engines, You bead blast (with glass) the part, rinse in water then dip in the tank solution of iridite, 30-sec to 6 min. never touch the part with your hands after bead blasting as the oils will not allow the Iridite to absorb. the result will be a nice yellow to almost gold color.

Larry

nice !

You pretty much can set the governor wherever you want it within about 6K from what i have dealt with.
    this engine is set @ 4,250

more than that one needs to go to a stronger valve spring

Quote Originally Posted by garretttpe View Post
    Nice Work
    I see you mentioned coating the aluminum engine parts. Have you ever heard of or tried Iridite? I use it often when I am overhauling Turbine engines, You bead blast (with glass) the part, rinse in water then dip in the tank solution of iridite, 30-sec to 6 min. never touch the part with your hands after bead blasting as the oils will not allow the Iridite to absorb. the result will be a nice yellow to almost gold color.

Larry
    never looked into it, sounds interesting..

+ Reply to Thread