Hi, i have recently acquired a 1998 Argo bigfoot 6x6 with the 18 hp vanguard twin. I has only 490 hours on it.
Haven't had it out for a real run yet just up and down the street. Pulled it out yesterday to get it ready to head to the bush and it started smoking, especially under load. Took the air filter box off and found it full of oil. My oil level was also high and had gas in it. drained the oil, changed the plugs and the air filter and put it back together. Oil level is staying ok so far but I have not taken it for a longer run down the road at all just running it in the driveway. I took the valve covers off to check things in there and found one of the rockers and push rods to be tight. The others moved freely and the rods could be turned easily by hand the one did not turn. I pulled the rod out, it is not bent. The rockers are also out of sync on that side, one is up and the other is down. Both on the front side are even? Could there be something stopping the rod from pushing down, and causing the oiling in the carb problem? I used to do most of my own mechanical work on my vehicles, but know very little about small engines. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.