EZ-Steer Kit. Just installed and have questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EZ-Steer Kit. Just installed and have questions.

EZ-Steer Kit. Just installed and have questions.

I just installed the EZ-Steer kit in my 1999 Max II. Being a novice, I wanted to make sure I did it correctly. It is a pretty straight forward install, but would still like input. I tried to attach photos to this post, but they ended up somewhere else on the site (who knows where). If anyone is familiar with these, could you please give your e-mail or some way of sending the pics to you for review? Also, I cannot drive my Max for a bit, as I am doing some overdue maintenance and clean-up after using it pretty hard this fall. How exactly does this kit work. Don't need the technical jargon, just how do I use it and what should I expect when using it? Can't find information on it at all.

Guys on this site recommend the kit for me and I put it on years ago. Certainly made it easier to go into gears. If it’s the same thing I put on. It’s spring tension that goes in the diamond shifters of the T20 trans. Nice add on

From your pictures it looks like you have the ezshift kit from Richard's. Again looking at your pictures I would say no it is not correct unless that is what the directions say, most kits I have seen install reverse of what is shown in the pictures and I would assume the current installation would hit the floorboard.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    From your pictures it looks like you have the ezshift kit from Richard's. Again looking at your pictures I would say no it is not correct unless that is what the directions say, most kits I have seen install reverse of what is shown in the pictures and I would assume the current installation would hit the floorboard.
    what Jim said
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    I told you I was a novice. Thank you for the input, and yes, I did realize after I posted this that something was not right. There were no instructions included with the purchase. I will flip them around.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attac...3&d=1613338814
    Should look similar to this.
    The point of the springs is to place a lighter load of the shifter pin located under the shift diamonds, instead of a rigid mounted shift lever which can lead to broken shift pins.
    move the shift lever (without jamming it hard) apply a blip of throttle while holding shift lever in the direction you are trying to shift to, you will feel the shift occur if it was not all the way in.
    Takes practice.
    Last edited by mfenmor; 01-08-2022 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mfenmor View Post
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attac...3&d=1613338814
    Should look similar to this.
    The point of the springs is to place a lighter load of the shifter pin located under the shift diamonds, instead of a rigid mounted shift lever which can lead to broken shift pins.
    move the shift lever (without jamming it hard) apply a blip of throttle while holding shift lever in the direction you are trying to shift to, you will feel the shift occur if it was not all the way in.
    Takes practice.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain this further. Appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread