Why you bought your first 6x6, 8x8!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Why you bought your first 6x6, 8x8!

I have had my eye on them for a long time. I finally got to a point where my budget would allow me to buy a real working toy.

I love to big game hunt, but don't relish the reality of hauling a thousand pounds of moose carcass out of the bush on foot. I really got it for that eventuality. However, I also own a remote cabin that the family has traditionally accessed on foot most of the year. We hauled materials in on sleds in the wintertime; sometimes with the help of snowmobiles. However, taking small children to the cabin was always a chore and adding food, etc to that, it was almost unmanageable. I used to do all of this with my father who no longer feels he is up to the trip. I really got my Max IV to make that trip easier and make our trips more enjoyable. I have found it is more fun when you don't get to the cabin completely worn out from the trip in.

Of course, now that I have it, I can think of all kinds of exploring that I can do. I would love to take it into the mountains for a week here or there. There are also huge expanses of marshy ground around our state. This thing is perfect for getting through that stuff.

I've been going on a camping trip on crown land up north for 15 years now. Back in the day we all showed up with canoes and minimal gear. We got along fine for those 4 days. The portages weren't too bad for one or two trips, mind you we were all in better shape then. Over the years, we've all gotten a little lazier, and more accustomed to certain luxuries. More stuff began to come along every year. Then we started building rafts with little outboards, and finding old aluminum boats to float all our crap to the site. This meant a minimum of 6 trips over a portage that only seems to get worse every year.... Until this year. One of the guys bought an 8 wheeler from the early 80's. He was in the last group to come in, but none of them did a stitch of work. That Argo was the pack mule of the weekend for them. So, after screwing up my shoulder on the way out carrying a boat, I decided enough was enough. I had to have one too. A few weeks later, the wife and I were on our way to pick up a $1500 base-for-future-improvements 1988 magnum 8 I/C. Big plans followed. Yanmar diesel engine will be here soon, and all axle bearings and seals. If its done in time, might even be able to take the wife camping. Also bought it to have fun with the future children. Its easy to buy stuff now, instead of when you gotta worry about buying diapers and such.

Banna Splits in my Yonger days got me HOOKED ! But later in life the dirt bike and three wheeler gave way to my first AATV. I found a Terra Tigger at a swap meet with a 440 herth in it and was HOOKED !!!!!!
    Loved it and mad alot of improvements and man that thing was FAST !!!!
    I won the Barrel races at one meet with it one year and so I went on to sell Max machine out of my shop and also had alot of used machines and parts back then. Now I am looking to get back into them again as I sold all to move on to other things in life. But Here I am !!!

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Simple answer for me....Kids! I have 4 children ages 4 and under. Side by sides are expensive and don't float. My kids love our argo. we let them out side to play and all of them run over and sit in it. Even my wife is loving it we used it to landscape our back yard yesterday. She told me it's the best toy that have I ever bought.

+ Reply to Thread